Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not in Kansas anymore

So the original plan was to write my first blog post 3 days ago when I arrived on Saturday, but I am glad I don't think I would have been able to hide my negativity when writing. Lets just say my trip had a rocky start. My flight from charlotte to Houston was delayed... therefore I had literally ten minutes to get from flight to flight in the massive Houston airport. Although I made it literally RIGHT on time, I made quite a dent in my inhaler. Finally, out of breath i tried to find a place to put my rolly suitcase and the bia of a airhostess decides to yell at me because HER airline delayed my flight. After a dramatic yelling and crying episode Jaymee and i were finally on our way to Buenos Aire.

The first two days here were miserable. Not because the city is not beautiful, and definitely not because the people were not nice, but because of my bad attitude. I had never been so far from home without family (no sheena's family in Kenya does not count), I had never faced such a language barrier, and I had never missed the oh so exciting city of charlotte as much as I had in those two days. I was so busy sulking that I hardly noticed how lucky I was.

However, I'm in a couple days deeper and therefore I am hopefully a couple days wiser. And the past three days in retrospect have actually been pretty eventful. I have been on free tours of the city, have shopped in the swanky shops, learned that i do not have to do my laundry but instead for 10 pesos they do it for me, and most of all, I have learned to take this opportunity and appreciate the rich culture around me because its not every day you get to live in a city where people say 'chau', the women all look like they belong in magazines, and extensive PDA is the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers