Monday, June 14, 2010

"You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with"

I am not one to 'need space' or really even need my 'alone time'. I enjoy being with people all the time as long as its people that I can tolerate (and that can tolerate me). In fact, at school I feel like I am hardly alone. If I go to my room my suiteies (yes shelly and kirstie) are almost always there to keep me company even if its just them yelping on the other side of our shared bathroom. When I am walking to class, I almost always walk with somebody, see people I know, or talk on the phone. When I grab dinner often times than not Vickram is sure to join me, and when I am finally ready to sleep I have the company of my amazing ex roomie kelly mitch, unless she is at the library till 4 am (yes that happens quite often actually).

When I first decided to come to BA I decided it would be something I wanted to do alone, but thankfully my soon to be roomie Jaymee decided to accompany me, and now, I would not have had it any other way because she makes it so that I am never lonely. We travel together, eat together, and because of my new found bed bugs (not even joking) we even sleep together. But now Jaymee and I have different internships and I have to find my way to work, try to muster up enough spanish to find my way again after I get lost, and even speak to my boss by myself, and you know what? I don't hate it.

Right now I am sitting in a tiny cafe off of Independencia Avienda. The quaint cafe is a perfect shelter from the freezing rain and an even more perfect excuse to eat yet another cheese and bread (plus tomato...yeah I'm healthy) concoction called a tostada as I sip on my 3rd cup of coffee of the day. Maybe its the fact that I actually enjoyed my day at my internship researching different international companies in Argentina, or maybe its the vintage black and white photography and free wifi. But whatever it may be, and although I do not know a whole lot about that self reflection stuff, a moment alone isn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. haha you're lucky you're with jaymee...i'd totally make you sleep with the bed bugs

    ReplyDelete

Followers