Sunday, June 13, 2010

South Beach Dieters...go elsewhere

As anybody who eats out with me knows, I love trying new foods (ha). My favorite food in any country involves cheese and bread in some form. In America, grilled cheeses, pokie sticks, cheese quesadillas (qudoba in particular) and I here I have added a new favorite...cheese and onion empanadas.

My mom and my sister will yell at me and say I am unhealthy but here I really cant help it. Apparently they have the best steak you can eat but I still can't get myself to try that stuff. They eat a lot of ham but ham always makes me think of those watery slices of ham that people used to get in their lunchables. I do enjoy the chicken somewhat, but there is nothing beating a cheese empanada from a cafe down the street called Romario's where I pay a whopping $1 for my favorite food. But mind you, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get away from carbs here. Breakfast consists of only medialunas (croissants) and there is lots of good pizza (carb), and great sandwiches (carbs)

Jaymee and I decided we really needed some veggies and even though there is not a wide selection of salad dressings we finally ordered a grande supreme salad at this really nice steak house (because I do not know all of the foods in spanish yet it looked good enough on the menu). When our grande supreme salad arrived, it had everything we had been craving: lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, oh yeah and rice and potatoes.

We finally concluded, no matter what we do we cannot get away from the carbs because our new favorite dish is from a takeout chinese place named 'wok' full of carby goodness and msg. My tongue is happy but it cannot speak for the rest of my body. So if you are planning on any low-carb diets, I suggest you bring some peanut butter along.

3 comments:

  1. i bet jaymee is going crazy without her daily yogurt and banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. i AM dying. that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you think gumby's delivers to buenos aires?

    ReplyDelete

Followers